25 November, 2007

HDR

Here's my first real attempt at an HDR image using Photoshop.  I took six images with the PowerShot S50 ranging in shutter time from 1/250 to 1/8 with an aperture of f/8.  I left the ISO on auto and it came in at 50.  Focal length was 7.1 mm.

I know there is some halo effect in some parts of the sand and there is a big blue ring spanning the width of the sky, but all in all I'm quite happy for a first run.  The other massive no no here is the shoreline.  HDR doesn't really work with moving subjects, and the waves crashing left me with some severe chromatic aberration.  I think that's what it is.  Anyway, I won't be doing anymore multiple exposure beach shots.  I think I should add some red to the beach as well.

2 comments:

Kevin D said...

Great post, I took a photo of a similar place yesterday, wish my results were great like yours :-)

Chris Biele said...

Thanks kevin. Practice makes perfect. Can't wait to be doing this on a 10 MP DSLR.